Requirements for Embryo
a) An Embryo Transfer Permit will be required for each purebred Arabian mare used as a donor for embryo transfer. The permit will be effective until the recorded ownership of the mare changes. Permit requirements are:
· The recorded owner of the donor mare has completed, signed and filed a permit request on a form provided by the Emirates Arabian Horse Society.
· The donor mare's blood type has been placed on permanent record with the Registry.
· The required fee has been paid.
b) If an Embryo Transfer Permit has not been issued by the Emirates Arabian Horse Society prior to the collection and implant of an embryo, the recorded owner of the donor mare must pay a Late Permit Fee, and may be charged for any reasonable costs and expenses that the Registry incurs in investigating the accuracy of the embryo transfer and may also be subject to penalties.
c) A horse that is the result of an embryo transfer may be registered if Section 1 of this Rule and the following requirements are met:
· An Embryo Transfer Permit for the donor mare has been issued.
· The blood type of the horse has been placed on permanent record with the Emirates Arabian Horse Society. The horse must qualify as an offspring of the stated sire and dam through blood testing.
· An Embryo Transfer Registration Application, on a form provided by the Registry, has been completed, signed by the appropriate recorded owner and mailed to the Emirates Arabian Horse Society within 14 days of the horse's birth.
d) An embryo must be transferred to a recipient mare within three calendar days of the collection from the donor mare.
e) Only one horse registration per calendar year will be permitted from the donor mare.f) If the recorded owner of the donor mare sells the embryo prior to the birth of the horse, the Certificate of Registration will be issued in the recorded ownership of the purchaser in accordance with the terms of the Embryo Sale form.
End of Section 14