Procedures for the Documentation Required for Arabian Horses
a) Documentation for Domestic Horses:
· The Emirates Arabian Horse Society should be notified within six months of the birth of the foal and an application filed in accordance with Section 1 or Section 2.
· Photographs (taken within the six months of birth) and an Identification Form (see appendix ) will be completed by the EAHS.
· All locally born foals will be blood typed and parentage verified.
· A microchip with a unique number will be implanted in the neck area of the domestic horses by the Registry.
· A UAE Arabian Horse Passport will be issued within six months to one year of the date of foaling.
b) Documentation for Imported Horses:
· Horses imported without a passport but with a registration documentation are eligible for registration under Section 3 of this Rule. A UAE Arabian Horse Passport will be issued accordingly.
· Horses with an approved international passport are eligible for registration under Section 3 of this Rule. The approved international passport will be endorsed and enclosed in an Emirates Arabian Horse Society cover and a UAE Registration Certificate will be issued and included. It is however to note that not all Arabian Horse Registries that issue passports.
Any recorded owner may authorize another party to sign Registry related transactions on such owner's behalf. Such an authorization will be recognized when a document stating the request has been completed and received at the Emirates Arabian Horse Society.