A WAHO export certificate (Appendix ) must be issued by the Emirates Arabian Horse Society for purebred Arabians being exported from the United Arab Emirates in order for the animal to be accepted for registration with the registering authority in the country of import. The WAHO export certificate is sent directly from the EAHS to the registering authority in the country of import. The owner will be issued a copy.
Requirements for issuing an export certificate are as follows and must be met prior to the animal leaving the United Arab Emirates:
· Application for an export certificate must be submitted to the Emirates Arabian Horse Society by the recorded owner (or his or her representative) and should be accompanied by the original UAE passport or EAHS certificate of registration and complete the Transfer of Ownership form with the name and address of person to whom the animal has been transferred as well as the date.
· A visual identification inspection must be carried out by the EAHS to confirm the markings on the animal.
· The blood type record of the animal will be sent to the registering authority in the country of import.
· Passport will be stamped "Exported" and returned to the owner. A photocopy of the passport will be sent to the registering authority in the country of import.
· In the case of animals being exported on lease or for an event, the application for an export certificate should be accompanied by the Original EAHS Passport, complete name and address of the lessee and particulars pertaining to the terms of the lease.
· All fees and/or expenses incurred must be paid.
The WAHO export certificate is purely for the use of the Registries concerned for identification and re-registration and therefore is totally independent of the requirements made by other authorities for health or custom requirements.